Good Friday and Easter Monday 2019
The surgery will be open 8 am - 1 pm each day for PRE-BOOKED GP appointments only.
Call 111 to see if there are any free....
Prescription Telephone Line
With effect from Monday 18th March 2019, it will only be open 1.00 pm to 3.00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Extended Access Service
There is an extended access service, running Monday to Friday evenings, and Saturday and Sunday.
Both GP and Nurse or Health Care Assistant appointments are available.
This is an extension of the GP service that runs as normal throughout the day, and is aimed firstly for those people who, for example, work and find it difficult to get to see a GP or Nurse or Health Care Assistant during the day.
This poster offers more information:
Extended Access Service
Information about our appointments system and prescriptions
Ring our main appointments number on (0191) 371 0232 using option 2 to book an appointment – the line is open from 8.00 am to 3:00 pm.
Is one where you have contact with a GP within 24 hours (we cannot guarantee that you will be matched to the GP of your choice, but we will try to)
- With any GP is an appointment within 2 weeks
- With the GP of your choice is an appointment within 4 weeks
Our Reception staff has been trained to ask questions to help direct you to the most appropriate appointment / GP / Nurse: PLEASE take the view that they are there to help, and are not asking questions for no reason at all.
- Early morning appointments (before 8 am) on a weekly basis: days can vary occasionally so ask at Reception for details.
- Late evening appointments every Monday (last GP appointment 8:20 pm).
You can book an appointment on-line via our website: please ask a Receptionist for details as to how to do this.
You can help us by:
- Being on time for your appointment
- Letting us know if you need to cancel
- Calling for a home visit or urgent appointment before 10 am
- Ringing for a repeat prescription between 9.00 am and 3.00 pm
- Ringing for the results of tests between 10.00 am and 6.00 pm
- Please ask at reception if you would like to start ordering via email or nominating a pharmacy you would prefer to have your prescription forwarded to electronically.
- You can also order on line, call in and ask at reception, or you can post or fax your request to us. Your prescription will be available for you to pick up after 2 working days.
- If you take medication on a long-term basis, you can ask for a repeat prescription by ringing the prescriptions telephone line on (0191) 371 0232 you should ring between 1.00 pm– 3.00 pm using option 3.
Use of antibiotics
Please see this poster:
Antibiotics usage poster
Wi-Fi available to patients
Please see the attached poster as to how to access wi-fi in the waiting room.
WiFi available in the surgery