Issues with quality of the phone lines
We are aware of a recurring problem, especially at busy times. We are sorry this keeps happening, but the telephone system provider is looking into this problem with some urgency.
School aged children and the Flu Vaccine
Dates for school clinics
Please click on the following for more information
Be a flu fighter posterFlu vaccine and children
School Clinic Dates School children catch up clinics
Information for patients
Regarding non-NHS repeat prescription services
We are aware that repeat prescription services that are not legitimate NHS services are currently being advertised.
Be cautious if an individual offers to pick up your prescription for you at a cost.
Anyone signing up to this service should be aware that it is not endorsed by, or aligned to any NHS organisation. Patients will be signing up to a private contractual agreement between themselves and the individual providing the service.
We would strongly advise any patient thinking of signing up to this service to ensure that they consider whether it complies with Data Protection Act (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in relation to how their information will be stored and processed.
Any advertisement for a legitimate NHS service offering repeat prescription service will display the NHS logo and the contact details of the organisation(s) providing this.
If you have any questions or concerns about a service that you have seen advertised in your local area, please speak to the Business Manager (Martin) who will forward on your question or concern.
The Medicines Optimisation Team
DDES and ND CCGs
Prescription Telephone Line
Is open between 1.00 pm to 3.00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Extended Access Service
There is an extended access service, running Monday to Friday evenings, and Saturday and Sunday.
Both GP and Nurse or Health Care Assistant appointments are available.
This is an extension of the GP service that runs as normal throughout the day, and is aimed firstly for those people who, for example, work and find it difficult to get to see a GP or Nurse or Health Care Assistant during the day.
This poster offers more information:
Extended Access Service
Information about our appointments system and prescription
Ring our main appointments number on (0191) 371 0232 using option 2 to book an appointment: the line is open from 8.00 am to 3:00 pm.
Is one where you have contact with a GP within 24 hours (we cannot guarantee that you will be matched to the GP of your choice, but we will try to)
- With any GP is an appointment within 2 weeks
With the GP of your choice is an appointment within 4 weeks
Our Reception staff has been trained to ask questions to help direct you to the most appropriate appointment / GP / Nurse: PLEASE take the view that they are there to help, and are not asking questions for no reason at all.
- Early morning appointments (before 8 am) on a weekly basis: days can vary occasionally so ask at Reception for details.
- Late evening appointments every Monday (last GP appointment 8:20 pm).
You can book an appointment on-line via our website: please ask a Receptionist for details as to how to do this.
You can help us by:
- Being on time for your appointment
- Letting us know if you need to cancel
- Calling for a home visit or urgent appointment before 10 am
- Ringing for a repeat prescription between 9.00 am and 3.00 pm
- Ringing for the results of tests between 10.00 am and 6.00 pm
- Please ask at reception if you would like to start ordering via email or nominating a pharmacy you would prefer to have your prescription forwarded to electronically.
- You can also order on line, call in and ask at reception, or you can post or fax your request to us. Your prescription will be available for you to pick up after 2 working days.
- If you take medication on a long-term basis, you can ask for a repeat prescription by ringing the prescriptions telephone line on (0191) 371 0232 you should ring between 1.00 pm and 3.00 pm using option 3.
Use of antibiotics
Please see this poster:
Antibiotics usage poster
Wi-Fi available to patients
Please see the attached poster as to how to access Wi-Fi in the waiting room.
WiFi available in the surgery
Eligibility for help with NHS Costs
Patients are required to make a payment towards the cost of certain items, such as prescriptions, dental or eye care.
The NHS has an online checker so you can see what help you could get to pay for NHS costs at: