For the Doctor
Ring the main appointments number on (0191) 371 0232 - using option 2 to book an appointment. The line is open from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Urgent cases are seen on the day.
- If your condition is non-urgent, you can expect to see a GP within two working days, though you may have to wait longer if you want to see a particular GP.
- Nurses based in our practice treat patients for a wide range of common conditions. You can expect to see a Nurse within one working day.
- Tell us if you are in a telephone box. We will ring you back. Say immediately if your call is an emergency.
- We offer late evening appointments every Monday until 8:00 pm.
- Let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. We can give you a longer appointment if necessary.
- Tell us if you want someone to accompany you during an examination or a private room to discuss any matters.
- Remember that the results of tests can only be given to the patient.
- You can book to have a telephone consultation with a doctor. They will return your call, however the practice cannot give you an exact time.
You can help us by
- Being on time for your appointment.
- Letting us know if you need to cancel your appointment.
- Calling for a Home Visit or Urgent appointment before 10:00 am.
- Ringing for a repeat prescription between 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm only.
- Ringing for the results of tests between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm only.
If you wish to speak to a Doctor on the telephone, ask the Receptionist who will take the relevant details and arrange a telephone appointment. If it is not urgent the appointment may not be for the same day.
Our Doctors are happy to speak to you on the telephone at the end of morning surgery.
Please phone the surgery before 10:00 am if you require a telephone appointment. A Doctor will then call you back at the earliest convenient time following their morning surgery.
Appointments are usually for ten minutes unless it is for minor Surgery or a medical examination, which takes longer. Please inform the Receptionist if this is the case.
Routine appointments can be made up to 48 hours in advance. This enables us to offer an appointment at a time more suitable for those patients that require them.
Same Day Appointments
Appointments are available daily for those patients who wish to see a Doctor on the same day who feel that they have an urgent medical problem. In these cases patients are asked to contact the Surgery before 09.00 am if possible. For urgent medical problems a Doctor will always see you on the same day. However, we are unable to guarantee the Doctor of your choice.
The practice is committed to the training of students of medicine and nursing. Your appointment may be with a GP Registrar or a F2 Doctor: these are qualified doctors undertaking additional training. Or you may be seen by a medical student. All trainees are appropriately supervised. You may also be asked if a student or GP registrar can sit in on your consultation.
On-line Appointment Booking with Patient Access
We are now offering a number of pre-bookable appointments. Simply call into the surgery and ask the reception team for a "PIN" number which will enable you to set up an online account.