Citizens Advice County Durham is now offering quick and easy telephone appointments to patients all over the country, giving free advice and helping solve a range of problems that could be causing you serious worries or even affecting your health.
The team of local advisors has been working closely with GP Practices for over 15 years and can give expert advice, help you understand paperwork and procedures, or help you get additional support.
The team are experts in:
- Staying Warm and Healthy
- Work, benefits and income
- Debt and managing money
- Legal matters and rights
- Caring or disability
- Relationships or bereavement
- Housing or consumer issues
Evidence suggests a strong link between getting this kind of advice and staying physically and mentally well, especially if you have long-term health problems.
Here are a few interesting facts:
- In the first half of 2016, the team helped over 1300 people in County Durham
- On average, the team helped those people increase their income by over £1600 each. That's enough to pay the heating bill for a 3-bedroom house for a year
- After getting their advice, 81% of Citizens Advice clients say their mental health improved
- After getting their advice, 45% of Citizens Advice clients say their physical health improved
- One study showed that people needed 68% fewer GP appointments in the 6 months after getting their advice
- By asking the Practice to arrange a telephone appointment, you could get a free call-back at a convenient time Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm - and often on the same day.
Just ask at Reception for more information.
It is used by your doctor to assess your level of physical activity.